Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Midterm Project Abstract

For my project I am going to look at the types of activism both Alanis Obamsawin and Winona LaDuke have employed to voice issues pertinent to Native people today. I am going to look at their work through the lens of three of our class themes. The first theme I am going to apply is restoration, the second environmental justice, and the third; matrilineal forms of resistance. In one way or another both of these women have addressed/ utilized matrilineal and restorative forms of activism in their work to bring awareness to Indigenous issues like environmental justice, land and water rights, education issues, and women’s rights, etc. I am going to take a closer look at how these two women applied/ addressed these themes in their work to bring awareness to Native issues and to open communication to create a better future for Indigenous people.

No comments: